- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter over medium-high heat; sauté chicken, garlic and italian seasoning for about 8 min or until chicken is browned and no longer pink inside. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta for about 10 min or until al dente, or according to package directions.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat; add butter. Sauté onions and mushrooms over medium-high heat, for about 5 min or until onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir in pepper and salt and cook, stirring, for 2 min.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream; cook, stirring, for about 5 min or until creamy, smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour in sauce, reserved chicken, tomatoes and sour cream and toss to coat.
Variation: Add steamed broccoli or sliced sweet red and green peppers to add bright colour to a wonderful dish!