Make your own version of the famous pumpkin spice latte
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- milk frother
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin purée
- sugar to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup espresso or 1/3 cup of brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, for topping (optional)
- sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon (optional)
- Make coffee.
- Mix milk with pumpkin purée in a mug and heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
- Froth milk mixture if desired with a milk frother.
- Add milk to coffee.
- Top with whipping cream and sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon if desired.
- If you have time, heat milk, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract gently for about 5 minutes in a small saucepan while stirring constantly to let the flavours infuse.
- Skip the coffee and enjoy steamed pumpkin-flavoured milk.
- Make your own pumkin pie spice by mixing ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves in a 4:1:1 proportion. For example, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves will yield 1-1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. If you use this combo often, premix a batch and store it in a small jar.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately