A hearty spin on the classic greek salad
- Stove or hot plate
- Large pot with lid
- Large bowl
- Fork/Mixing spoon/Serving spoon
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups/ Measuring spoons
- Small jar with tight fitting lid
- Small bowls and spoons for serving
- 2 cups (500 mL) of your favourite pasta*
- 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- ½ English cucumber
- ¾ cup (175 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pitted black olives (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh basil (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 3Tbsp. (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) salt
- black pepper, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
*fusilli is a really good choice for salads
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add in the pasta and garlic and simmer for about 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain pasta in colander and let cool.
- Put the garlic to one side for the dressing. Put the pasta in a bowl.
- Cut all the ingredients into small pieces, about half the size of the pasta, and place in a large bowl.
- Roughly chop the basil and place in the bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the cooked garlic cloves on the board with a little salt, transfer to a small jar.
- Add the oil and vinegar and seasoning to jar. Shake well. Add to the salad.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to blend in.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately