Warm gooey cheese with zippy heat is always a hit when topping a crisp salad
- Small baking dish
- Small bowl
- 1 piece feta cheese (about 8 oz/250 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 pkg (5 oz/142 g) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes or chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced cucumber
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
Romaine Variation: Substitute 1 large romaine heart, chopped for spring mix
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Place feta in a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey, rosemary, and chili flakes; reserve half of the mixture. Pour over feta; cover and bake for 20 minutes or until softened and slightly puffed. Uncover and broil for 2 minutes or until light golden. Let cool slightly.
- Spread salad greens onto serving platter and toss with tomatoes and cucumbers. Using spatula, place feta on top of greens. Whisk vinegar, salt, and pepper into reserved oil mixture and drizzle over salad.