- Small bowl
- Large frying pan
- Measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 15% cooking cream
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) snow peas, blanched
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded coconut, toasted
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, honey, soy sauce, curry paste and peanut butter. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter and cook shrimp and shallots for 1 minute. Add snow peas and curry mixture.
- Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- At serving time, sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Suggestion: serve over Asian noodles.