10 mins per oven batch
- stand mixer
- handheld mixer
- measuring spoons and cups
- medium and large bowl
- ¾ cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup (175 mL) white sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 ½ cup (375 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Optional topping: ½ cup (125 mL) pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Whisk the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set it aside.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure the mixture is well combined
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Once the dough is fully combined, add in the dried cranberries, dark chocolate chunks, and pecans and mix to incorporate.
- Make rounded dough balls using a 1 tbsp (15 mL) cookie scoop. Using the bottom of a glass or your hands, press down on the dough balls to create a 2cm high round disk shape. If desired, top with additional pieces of chocolate, cranberries and pecans.
- Place the cookie dough disks on a cookie sheet, allowing room to spread. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes. Cookies will have a slightly golden bottom. Allow to cool for one minute on the pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!