Canada is world-renowned for its cheddar cheese.
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Medium saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) carrot, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chicken bouillon mix
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dry mustard
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
- toasted croutons
- Melt butter in saucepan. Sauté onion and carrot until tender.
- Blend in flour, bouillon mix, paprika and mustard.
- Gradually stir in milk and water.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with toasted croutons to serve.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately