Ricotta cheese makes this delectable cheesecake extra light.
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 2 Bowls
- 9" (23 cm) Springform pan
- Food processor or electric mixer
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups (750 mL) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lemon juice
- grated rind of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
For a delicious topping, just before serving spread the top of the cheesecake with 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream, then cover with 2 cups (500 mL) fresh strawberries or blueberries.
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Whisk egg white until frothy; stir into crumb mixture.
- Press into bottom of 9" (23 cm) springform pan.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 7–10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool.
- In food processor (or using electric mixer), process ricotta cheese and whole eggs until smooth.
- In bowl, combine cheese mixture, sugar, yogurt, lemon juice and rind, flour and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into cheese mixture. Spread over crust.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 50–55 minutes or until centre of cake is firm to the touch.
- Run knife around edge of cake to loosen; let cool.
- Remove side of pan; cover cheesecake and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately