There's nothing like homemade vanilla ice cream!
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Double boiler
- Ice cream maker
- 2 cups (500 mL) cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) skim milk powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- Prepare a custard base by combining all ingredients except the vanilla in the top of a double boiler. Gradually heat mixture to 74º–82º C. The water in the bottom of the double boiler should be simmering and your stove should be on a low setting. Hold at this temperature for 10–15 minutes. The mixture should smoothly coat the back of a spoon.
- Quickly cool the custard in an ice bath or in a sink of cold water. Add the vanilla extract.
- Cool the mixture in a refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker or hand churner.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately