Explore more recipes.
Prepare Bannock in advance.
1. Dissolve honey and yeast in warm water, let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add oil, and salt to the liquid and stir.
3. Add flour mix well.
4. Knead until flour is well incorporated and let rise in a warm place for 1.5 hrs-2hrs. You can also make the dough in your breadmaker, following the manufacturers instructions for the order of ingredients and using the dough setting.
5. Add oil to pan, heat to medium.
6. Divide dough into 6 pieces and shape dough in to flat pieces about the size of your hand.
7. Fry on one side until golden brown, flip bannock and fry until other side is golden brown.
1. Poach eggs. I prefer the Julia Child method: bring water and vinegar to a simmer. Prick a hole in rounded end of the egg. Submerge eggs with shell for 10 seconds. Remove from water and let sit for a couple minutes until cool to touch. Then, crack eggs and gently slide into the water. Simmer for 4 minutes.
2. Top bannock with smoked salmon and a poached egg.
3 Finish the topping with slice red onion and parmesan cheese, sprinkle pepper on top.