- sauce pan
- large bowl
- whisk or fork
- 1.5L casserole dish (9”x5”) or two smaller round baking dishes
- 1 1/3 cup (330ml) (breadcrumbs
- 1 ¾ cup milk (430ml)
- 1 ½ tbsp (22.5ml) butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) cheddar or Emmental cheese
- 1 tsp (5ml) mustard smooth (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (205˚C).
- In a sauce pan heat milk and butter until butter melts.
- In a large bowl, pour milk mixture over breadcrumbs and let hydrate for 10 minutes.
- While breadcrumb is hydrating, beat eggs with some salt.
- Now add the eggs to the bread crumb, fold in the cheese and season with mustard (optional), salt and pepper.
- Place mixture into casserole dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, risen and has a bit of a jiggle. Let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!