- large bowl
- shallow bowl
- whisk or fork
- cutting board
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted and divided
- 2 cobs of corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper,divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cumin and dried oregano
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded jalapeno gouda or havarti cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large bowl, toss corn, onion, and pepper with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter and half each of the salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together the remaining butter with lime zest, juice, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat grill to medium high and add vegetables and chicken. Grill, turning occasionally for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred and chicken is no longer pink inside. Place on cutting board and cut kernels from the corn, then slice pepper and onion into thin strips. Toss together in a bowl. Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Lay corn tortillas on grill to warm through. Top each with some of the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with cilantro, sour cream and salsa and serve warm.