- heavy-bottomed medium to large pot
- stove top
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 – 12 green cardamom pods, cracked
- Wash and drain the rice in cold water. Soak raw rice in 2 cups of room temperature water for half an hour. Drain water from rice.
- Combine rice, milk, sugar, and cardamom seeds into a heavy-bottomed medium to large pot. Turn stove heat to medium-high and stirring regularly, bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to low (make sure it is still maintaining a low boil). Cook rice pudding for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- You can serve rice pudding warm or cold. If serving with fruits, serve chilled.
Watch Meeru visit Holger’s farm to talk about the importance of farming in a sustainable way.