- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Butter a non-stick muffin pan (for bigger appetites, butter only 10 muffin cups).
- Divide breadcrumbs between cups. Shake and tilt pan to coat all sides of cups well. Discard any excess.
- In a large pot of boiliing salted water, cook macaroni for about 8 minutes or until al dente, or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, melt butter. Sprinkle with flour, mustard, salt and pepper; cook, whisking for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Whisk for 3–5 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups (500 mL) cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Drain macaroni and return to large pot. Pour cheese sauce over pasta; stir until coated.
- Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups. Sprinke with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Run a small knife around each muffin, then ease out of cup.
Variation: No dry mustard? Try 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard instead.