Once you've tasted the milky freshness of your own ricotta, you'll find you can't get enough of it!
- Large saucepan
- 16 cups (4 L) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine milk and lemon juice.
- Gradually heat to 82º C (about 25–30 minutes).
- Remove from heat, cover and leave warm for 6 hours.
- Line a sieve with a double layer of cheesecloth. Gently ladle in curds and season with salt.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Tie up ends of cheesecloth and suspend from a refrigerator rack over a bowl for one day.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately