A delicious and simple accompaniment to any meal.
- Frying pan
- Measuring cup
- 1 cup (250 mL) 15% cooking cream
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) turmeric
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cold water
- 12 thin carrots, oven roasted until tender
- In a frying pan, melt butter and cook garlic and shallot without browning.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add broth, cream, curry powder, turmeric and ginger root.
- Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and add to sauce.
- Cook 1 minute to thicken.
- Serve sauce spooned over roasted carrots.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately