- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 min.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, beans and Italian seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 10 min. Add pasta. Cover and simmer 10 min longer or until pasta is tender.
- In large measuring cup, whisk flour into milk. Gradually whisk into soup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Stir in kale and pepper; gently boil 2 min. Taste and add salt if needed. Serve sprinkled with parmesan. If soup is too thick the next day, thin with broth or water.
Cooking Tip: Watching your sodium? Look for low-salt or no-salt-added chicken broth and canned tomatoes and eliminate salt in recipe. Of course regular broth and tomatoes work as well.