- measuring cups and spoons
- medium bowl
- small bowls
- rolling pin
- baking sheet pan with parchment
- pastry brush
- cutting Board
- 1 ½ lbs (680g) peaches, ½” sliced (about 4 large peaches)
- 1-1 ½ tbsp (15-22.5ml) cornstarch
- 1 package puff pastry dough, defrosted
- ¼ cup (60ml) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60ml) sour cream
- 3 ½ tbsp (52.5ml) granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5ml) almond extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp (15ml) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp (45ml) sliced almonds
- ¼ cup (60ml) icing sugar for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚F (205˚).
- In a bowl toss peaches with 1 tbsp of sugar and dust with the cornstarch.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 2.5 tbsp sugar, egg yolks and almond extract.
- Roll out puff pastry to approximately 14” round. Now put onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. To build, spread the cream cheese mixture on the inside of the puff pastry round leaving a 2” edge. Now shingling the peaches on top of the cream cheese mixture. Pour over the liquid in the bottom of the bowl. Now take the edge of the dough and fold up over the peaches. Aim for 5-7 folded edges. The galette should have flat sides like a stop sign. Now place in the fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the galette is cooling in the fridge, in a small bowl, scramble the egg with the heavy cream to make an egg wash. Remove galette from the fridge, brush the dough with the egg wash, making sure to get the dough seams so they seal. Place galette into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove galette from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and then cut into wedges and sprinkle with sliced almonds and icing sugar for garnish. Enjoy while still warm!