- Muffin Pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) wheat bran
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cinammon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fancy molasses
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) coarsely grated carrots or zucchini or a combination of both
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- Preheat over to 400°F (200°C). Butter a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk all-purpose flour with bran, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk with egg, butter and molasses. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until barely combined. Stir in carrots and/or zucchini and dates just until mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 18 to 22 min or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan for 10 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.