This simple meal is an example of fusion cuisine.
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Baking pan
- Flour tortilla
- Mozzarella, shredded
- Turkey sausage, crumbled
- Green pepper, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Spaghetti sauce (optional)
This simple meal is an example of fusion cuisine - bringing together ingredients and techniques from Italy, Mexico and Canada.
- Spread mozzarella on tortilla, making sure to get the cheese to the edge. Bake at 425º F until cheese melts.
- Brown sausage, green pepper and mushrooms. Portion onto tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half, forming a calzone. Using fork, crimp edges together. Bake until crisp, 5–7 minutes.
- Top with spaghetti sauce, if you wish.